Start a Chapter
The following procedures should aid an adviser in organizing, chartering, or reactivating a local chapter of FBLA or PBL:
- Visit the national FBLA Website and download the National Chapter Organizational Packet
- Write or call the FBLA-PBL state chairman at the following address or telephone number to obtain a new chapter organization packet with FBLA-PBL information:
Mr. Jonathan Rowe, NJ FBLA-PBL State Chairman
Mercer County Community College
P.O. Box B Trenton, NJ 08690-1099
609-570-3481 or 609-570-3766
- Talk to students, school administrators, and faculty to create interest in organizing a local chapter of FBLA or PBL.
- Review materials received from the FBLA-PBL state office and/or national office.
- Plan an organizational meeting. Elect officers (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, historian, etc.).
- Review the sample bylaws provided in the new chapter organization packet. Establish temporary committees, basic bylaws, and initial membership to complete the prerequisites for chartering/reactivating.
- Submit the following items to the FBLA-PBL state chairman at the above address:
- New chapter/reactivation application including list of members and newly elected officers.
- Copy of local chapter bylaws (optional for reactivated chapters).
- Check for charter fee or reactivation fee ($20) along with national dues (FBLA Middle Level – $4 per member; FBLA – $6 per member; PBL – $10 per member) and state dues (FBLA Middle Level – $2 per member; FBLA – $4 per member; PBL – $6 per member) combined, made payable to FBLA-PBL, Inc.
- Plan an installation ceremony. Present the chapter charter and membership cards received from the national office. (Charters will not be sent to reactivated chapters.)
- Form an advisory committee of businesspersons from the local community and school officials to work with the chapter.
- Participate actively in state and national association leadership activities.