2017-18 State Webmaster Application
Are you interested in the field of web development? The State Officer Team will be appointing a new Webmaster for the 2017-18 year—and it could be you!
The Webmaster position is an appointed, voting position that does not require election. Any currently active member can hold this office.
Apply for Webmaster if:
- You’re passionate about the web.
- You have experience managing and developing for the WordPress platform (or are willing to learn!).
- You don’t just know how to use technology, you make technology happen.
- You’re involved in the web community. You keep yourself updated.
The Webmaster position has two main roles:
- Maintain the website. You will be expected to post new resources and posts in a timely manner.
- Provide technological expertise. When there’s an idea that requires technological development, you need to know not just what tools can be used, but the pros and cons of each approach.
The Webmaster and an adviser must attend all of the following, unless otherwise noted:
- State Fall Leadership Conference (1 day in October)
- National Fall Leadership Conference (3 days in November)
- State Leadership Conference (3 days in March or April)
- All State Executive Board meetings (1 day in September, December, February, and March)
- State Officer Leadership Training Seminar (4 days in April) (adviser only needed on the first day)
- National Leadership Conference in June/July.
To apply for the Webmaster position, you must submit the following files by March 1st, 2017 11:59 PM
- Officer Agreement
- UX Challenge
- Programming Challenge
- Extra Credit Programming Challenge (optional—but bonus points if you can figure it out)
Fill out and submit the questionnaire: https://goo.gl/
Find instructions for and submit the agreement and challenges: https://goo.gl/for
You also must be available for a video interview sometime between March 2nd and March 6th.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Good luck to those applying!